Thursday, March 13, 2008

I have a little story to tell you about your dad. He was really a great person. One Wednesday night at church we were eating in the fellowship hall. At our table were me, your dad & mom, my daughter-in-law and another man from our church. Your mom had to went to get her either a salad or something to drink. So we were sitting there talking about music. We started talking about the music we used to listen to . We were talking about Jimi Hendrex & Janice Joplin. This other man at the table looked at us kinda funny and said you used to listen to that music and we both said yes. Then your dad looked at me and asked me if I knew who Grace Slick was and of course I did. He then said " do you know what one of the coolest things i ever did was"?? He did not wait for a reply LOL then he said i smoked pot with Grace Slick and we all laughed except the one guy. Your dad looked at him and said " that was before i was saved and when i sinned brother i was a good sinner".

That is what my boys loved about your dad. He did not put on that he had always been saved. They felt like they could talk to him about things because he had done things when he was young.

I love your mom and we both know with God's help she will get thru this. She already has come a long way.
Love & Blessings,
Carolyn Hughes

No comments: