Thursday, December 27, 2007

This Christmas

Christmas was different without you. We were all together, but there was a definite void and we all kept saying, "If Mike were here..........". Terri and I were karaoke-ing and tried to get Randy to join us and he wouldn't, our comment was "If Mike were here, he'd be right up here with us." "If Mike were here, he'd be out there on the hayride with all his grandkids." "If Mike were here, he'd love this pecan pie." The reigning comment, though, was "Gee, I wish Mike were here." You were so missed by everyone. We reminisced and laughed and we reminisced and cried. We desperately missed you and Daddy. Randy and I visited you and Daddy at the cemetery and it was so sad. The holidays will never again be the same. Sure, we will make them as happy as possible for the generations following us, but for me, I'm just sad.

I love you,
L

No comments: