Sunday, December 9, 2007

Birthday Memories

Your birthday has come and gone. The first one that we can't spend with you. It was so much harder than I thought it would be. I just wanted to call you so badly and tell you how much I love you. To sing your silly birthday song that you and mom always sang - then realized it wasn't funny anymore without you.

You used to hate that your birthday was between Thanksgiving and Christmas, because more often than not, people forgot about you. With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, sometimes it is easy to forget. I don't think your birthday will ever pass by forgotten by me...or mom or Shanna or Ryan.

When I was cleaning out your truck after you died, I found a birthday card that I had given you years and years ago. I still am so surprised that you carried it around in your truck. How much you must have loved me. More than I realized.

I can remember planning your 50th birthday party. Just about the whole family was there. It was so much fun to make a big to do over you. I wish I could have done it again this year.

I love you, daddy.
A

No comments: