Saturday, May 3, 2008

Now for a REALLY random thought...

You know how when you slam your finger in a door and it catches you right on the tip of your finger, and you get this ugly, purplish-black mark underneath your finger nail? Isn't that gross?

Well, the other day I slammed my finger in the front door (really stupid of me I know). And now I have that nasty little mark on my left index finger. I hate it. But, every time I look at it I am reminded of daddy. Yes, I know, everything reminds me of him.....

I remember that he slammed or hammered his nails (haha, pardon the bad pun) frequently. He used to always apply a really hot needle or pin to it to burn through the nail to release the blood that forms that ugly mark. I haven't ever had the courage to do that, but I sure wish he were here to do it for me.

No comments: