Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Drowning Daddy

I just thought of this the other day and have been chuckling ever since. Not long after Mike and Donni got married, we were all out at Mom and Dad's house in Haughton. We had eaten a big dinner and the girls were cleaning up in the kitchen. I had filled the ice trays and was going to carry them to the fridge when Mike came up and started picking on me. I acted like I was going to throw the water from the ice trays on him and he hit the trays and the water went all over me. Well, I grabbed the first thing I could from the counter - a boiler full of dishwater and started after him. He ran through the back door with me right behind him and just as I slung the water, he ran to the right and, low and behold, there stood my Daddy. I tried my best to get that water back in the pan, but it landed square in his face. Poor Daddy just stood there stunned. Mike fell over on the ground laughing until Daddy looked at him - he jumped up and started trying to dry Dad off and went on about what a terrible daughter to throw dishwater in his face. I have to say, Daddy took it quite well. Me - I ran the other way - just in case!!! We laughed a lot through the years over that one!!

Lynn

No comments: